Steps for preparation
- Make sure your milk is super cold because that’s going to help it whip up nicely later. Grab all your ingredients and have them ready to go, like a magician in the kitchen.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornflour with just a bit of the milk until it becomes a smooth paste. This little trick helps prevent any unwanted lumps in your whipped cream.
- Pour the rest of the milk into a pan and heat it up slowly until it’s just warm, not boiling! Remember, we want it gentle, like a summer breeze. Once it’s warm, whisk in your cornflour paste until everything is nicely mixed.
- Move the warm milk mixture to a bowl and let it cool down to room temperature. Then, pop it in the fridge until it’s super cold, like a snowman on a winter day. The colder it gets, the better it will whip up (it might take about an hour, so be patient).
- Grab your electric mixer and get ready to create some magic. Start slow and then ramp up the speed as you whip. While you’re whipping, add in the sugar and vanilla extract, just like sprinkling fairy dust on your creation. Keep whipping until you see stiff peaks form, similar to a fluffy cloud.
- Before you dig in, give your whipped cream a quick chill in the fridge for a few minutes. This helps it hold its shape better, especially on warm desserts like hot cocoa or a delicious sundae.
Remember these tips for the best-whipped cream ever:
- Use the coldest milk you can find, it’s like the secret ingredient for fluffy magic!
- Chill your mixing bowl and beaters before you start, like giving them a cool-down before the big show.
- Want it sweeter? No problem. Add more sugar to your taste.
Now you’re ready to enjoy your homemade whipped cream on all your favourite treats. It’s not just delicious, but it also saves you a trip to the store and adds a special touch to your cooking. Whip it up and enjoy.
For more articles on food, check here.