Acne is a long-term skin condition that occurs when dead skin cells and oil from the skin clog hair follicles, some typical features of these condition include blackheads, pimples, oily skin and so on. Getting rid of acne requires a consistent and holistic approach. While individual results may vary, here are some general strategies that can help improve acne:
- Cleanse your face gently: Use a mild, non-comedogenic cleanser twice a day to remove dirt, excess oil, and impurities from your skin. Avoid harsh scrubbing, as it can irritate the skin and worsen acne.
- Avoid touching your face: Touching your face with your hands can transfer bacteria and irritants, leading to breakouts. Keep your hands away from your face as much as possible.
- Keep your skin moisturized: Use a lightweight, oil-free moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated without adding excess oil. Moisturizing helps maintain the skin’s natural barrier and can prevent excessive dryness that can worsen acne.
- Avoid squeezing or picking at pimples: Squeezing or picking at acne lesions can lead to inflammation, scarring, and potentially spread bacteria. Let pimples heal naturally or seek professional help if needed.
5. Use topical acne treatments: Over-the-counter acne treatments containing ingredients like benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, or retinoids can help reduce acne by unclogging pores, reducing inflammation, and promoting skin cell turnover. Follow the instructions on the product and give it time to work (results may take several weeks).
6. Maintain a healthy diet: Eat a balanced diet rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins. Avoid excessive consumption of sugary, greasy, or processed foods, as they can potentially contribute to acne breakouts in some individuals.
7. Practice good hygiene habits: Wash your hair regularly, especially if it’s oily, as oil from the hair can transfer to the face and contribute to acne. Use clean pillowcases, towels, and other items that come into contact with your face to prevent the accumulation of bacteria and irritants.
8. Manage stress: Stress can worsen acne, so find healthy ways to manage stress levels. Engage in relaxation techniques such as meditation, deep breathing exercises, or activities you enjoy reducing stress.
9. Consult a dermatologist: If acne persists or is severe, it’s advisable to consult a dermatologist. They can assess your specific situation and recommend appropriate prescription medications or treatments tailored to your need.
However, when it comes to getting rid of acne, consistency is key, and it may take time to see improvements. Be patient, and don’t hesitate to seek professional help if needed.
Beyoncé Launches New Cécred Hair Brand
Amidst the multitude of celebrities entering the beauty industry with their lines of cosmetics and skincare products, Beyoncé’s followers have been eagerly anticipating her debut with Cécred. For years, numerous stars have dabbled in this field, leaving many to wonder when Queen Bey herself would finally make her mark in the beauty aisle with her products.
Nine long months after hinting at something extraordinary on Instagram, Beyoncé’s highly anticipated brand, Cécred, has finally arrived. Back in May 2023, she sent her devoted fans, the BeyHive, abuzz with excitement by announcing the creation of “something special” that she was eager to unveil. And now, the wait is over!
Cécred has been launched and is ready to be explored and enjoyed by all.
Arriving on the scene with a bang, the new haircare brand unveils its Foundation Collection, a powerful eight-product lineup dedicated to transforming hair tresses.
From gentle cleansing to deep conditioning, each formula has been promised to work its magic to visibly repair and revitalize hair, leaving it looking and feeling its absolute best.
The iconic singer behind the smash hit “Halo” has always held a deep love for haircare. Her passion blossomed while she was young, diligently sweeping floors in her mother’s bustling salon.
This early exposure to hairstyling undoubtedly sparked an enduring flame, making her involvement in this exciting project a perfect fit. Tina Knowles proudly steps into the role of vice chairwoman for Cécred, armed with four decades of valuable knowledge as a hairstylist, salon owner, and savvy entrepreneur.
In a stunning cover feature for ESSENCE magazine’s March/April edition, superstar Beyoncé echoed the sentiment of self-discovery, delving deeper into her exciting new business venture.
She highlighted the profound impact her childhood spent in her mother’s salon had on her growth as both an individual and an artist.
This formative experience is beautifully captured in stunning photographs by renowned photographer Andre D. Wagner.
The photo shoot included a particularly touching image featuring her, her mother, Ms. Tina, and her daughters, Blue and Rumi.
Check out more updates here.
Fade Scars With A Milk Soak! Here’s How
Life’s little bumps and bruises leave behind marks called scars like souvenirs of battles won and lost. Some, like scrapes from childhood adventures, may fade quickly. Others, like acne marks or surgical scars, can stick around much longer than we’d like.
Before you jump on spending a fortune on fancy treatments, consider a surprising friend for your skin: milk! That’s right, the very same milk you enjoy in your cereal or coffee can actually help reduce the appearance of those stubborn marks.
Let’s explore how this everyday ingredient can become your skin’s newest best friend below:
Why use milk?
Milk has a secret weapon when it comes to scars: lactic acid. Think of it as a gentle scrub that buffs away dead skin cells, kind of like tiny erasers working on those marks. By removing these cells, your skin makes new ones, which can help lighten scars and even out your skin tone.
On top of that, milk is like a double treat because it’s also super hydrating and calming. This makes it a great option for all skin types, even sensitive ones that might get irritated by harsher treatments.
So, how do we transform this yummy drink into a scar-fading hero? Let’s explore the fun ways to use milk for clearer, smoother skin below:
Step-by-step milk magic for scars
- Get ready: Choose some fresh, organic milk if you can find it. Whole milk is best because it has more fat, making it extra nourishing for your skin. Wash your face with a gentle cleanser and remove any makeup.
- Apply the milk treatment: Soak a cotton ball or soft cloth in the milk and gently dab it on your scars. Want to supercharge your treatment? Mix in a spoonful of honey for its antibacterial and healing properties.
- Let the milk work its magic: Relax and leave the milk on your skin for 15-20 minutes. This gives the lactic acid in the milk time to gently exfoliate and fade your scars.
- Rinse and moisturise: Gently wash off the milk with lukewarm water and pat your face dry with a soft towel. Don’t forget to finish with your regular moisturiser to keep your skin happy and hydrated.
- Patience is key: This isn’t a magic trick, so be patient and consistent. Use this milk treatment every day, and over time, you should see your scars fading and becoming less noticeable. Consistency is your secret weapon.
Tips: Milk for scars
Remember, even though milk can be a great natural remedy, your skin comes first. If it gets irritated or reacts badly, that means it might not be the best treatment for you.
Also keep in mind that while milk can help fade scars, it works best on newer ones. For older, deeper scars, you might need a stronger treatment or professional help to see a big difference.
But hey, if it works for you, it’s a simple and affordable way to help fade scars right at home. Milk isn’t just for strong bones; it can also give you smooth, even-toned skin. So, why not give it a try and see what happens? You might be surprised at the hidden scar-fading power in your fridge.
Can Wrinkle Patches Give You Smoother Skin?
Wrinkle patches, a beauty product with a history dating back decades, have gained renewed attention thanks to TikTok users. Beauty influencers on the platform, seeking smoother skin, have popularised applying silicone patches to their faces and necks overnight, gaining billions of views.
While the trend may appear modern, the use of patches to address wrinkles dates back to the 1930s.
The question remains: Do these patches, often infused with additives like silicone and retinol, effectively reduce wrinkles? Dermatologists weigh in on whether these patches are worth your time and money.
See The 4 Largest Textile Companies In The World Today
Which countries are the leading producers of textiles on a global scale? The global textile industry is a highly competitive...
How Social Media Apps Can Keep You Addicted
Many of us have experienced the struggle of trying to disconnect from our phones, especially from social media apps, only...
How To Cook Spaghetti Squash
This recipe is for spaghetti squash with vegetables, feta cheese, and olives. It’s a great option for a side dish...
6 Quiet Luxury Fashion Colours To Try
Ever heard of Quiet Luxury Fashion Colours? The quiet luxe aesthetic has become incredibly popular in the fashion world, and...
Kanye West Performs With North West During ‘Vultures’ Release Party In Paris
At the recent launch party celebrating his new album “Vultures 1,” renowned musician Kanye West welcomed his eldest daughter, North...
Ruger & BNXN In New Single “Romeo Must Die”
BNXN and Ruger have finally put their two-year-long feud behind them with their collaborative song release, “Romeo Must Die (RMD).”...
Jidekene, Adesua, Layi Wasabi, Blossom Star In Inkblot’s “Japa!”
Get ready for “Japa!“—the highly anticipated Nigerian film is finally getting a release date. The movie is a collaboration between...
Rihanna And A$AP Rocky Star In New Fenty Short Film
Fans of Rihanna and A$AP Rocky are in for a treat as the duo recently starred in a short film...
BBN Star, Saskay Reveals Her Mystery Lover
In a recent social media post, popular reality TV personality Saskay, whose real name is Tsakute Ladi Jonah, introduced her...
Skepta Features Portable In New Afrobeats Hit “Tony Montana”
British-Nigerian rapper Skepta is teaming up with rising Nigerian star Portable for a new Afrobeats song titled “Tony Montana.” This...
The Chronic Disease Fighter You Didn’t Know You Were Eating
AFCON 2024: Cote d’Ivoire Beats Nigeria To Win 3rd AFCON Title
YouTube Premium, Music Hits 100 Million Subscribers
Is Sexual Purity Till Marriage Possible?
11 Foods That Are Good For Liver Health
Short Girl Problems: How To Dress To Appear Taller
AFCON 2024: Prioritizing Your Health While Cheering Your Team
Recording Academy CEO Harvey Mason Shares What It Takes To Win A Grammy Award
These Three Super Eagles Players Made The 2024 AFCON Team Of The Tournament
How To Stop Thinking About Someone
OPINION6 days ago
See Why Couples Gain Weight After Marriage
BUSINESS6 days ago
With 50k You Can Start These Businesses In Nigeria
ENTERTAINMENT4 days ago
Moses Bliss Ties The Knot With Ghanaian Fiance, Marie
RELATIONSHIP7 days ago
Why Guys Start Caring Once You Stop Caring
SPORTS6 days ago
Nwabali Earns N112 Million After AFCON Performance
FASHION7 days ago
Here Are 4 Patterned Blazer Outfit Ideas To Try
MUSIC5 days ago
Universal Music Group Acquires Majority Stake In Mavin Records
EVENTS6 days ago
6 Most Iconic Moments At The London Fashion Week