Cardi B blasted President Donald Trump in a blistering Instagram video, accusing him of ignoring police brutality against people of color.
“Every time I see a black man killed or mistreated by police I just keep saying ‘Do nobody give a f—? Does nobody care?’ And I’ve stopped saying that because nobody do care. Nobody cares. He don’t care,” the 26-year-old rapper fumed.
“At least when Obama was president he released a statement letting us know he feels like it’s wrong — letting us know that he cared,” she said. “This guy – I know he seen it and he don’t give one s—t.”
The “Money” MC continued, ‘I feel like police brutality is going to keep going until he’s [no longer] president. Until he’s [no longer] president, nothing is going to be done about police brutality.”
She then compared rogue law enforcement officers to misbehaving children.
“You know when a kid is bad and they get away with something then they gonna keep on doing it,” she said. “That’s what the cops are going to be doing: ‘Oh, I can get away with killing a black man? I can get away with beating the s—t out of a black man? Then we’re going to keep doing it.'”
“That’s cops,” she added. “[They think] ‘I can get away with beating a black man, killing a black man. Then why not me?'”
Cardi has been an outspoken supporter of Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., in the 2020 election.
Earlier this month, she tweeted, “I been reading about Bernie Sanders and I’m really sad how we let him down in 2016.”
She added that Sanders has a record for advocating for “equal rights, HUMAN rights … Seeing this country become a better place been really his passion for a long time not a new front for a campaign.”
On Friday, Cardi posted a video of Sanders’ recent appearance on “Jimmy Kimmel Live” on her Instagram page, writing, “This makes me so happy! I know my High school history teacher is so happy. Believe it or not guys, I was in advanced placement in high school for government and history. It was a subject that I learn fast cause I naturally love it! I even took more classes in college but I dropped out cause money came first and I was also a chasing dirty a— men.”
Cardi closed by encouraging her followers to educate themselves on the upcoming election and its candidates, writing, “I want us this year to get more familiar with or candidates ‘democratic my preference,’ ” she wrote. “Take a little bit of our time and open our eyes on what’s going on in this country and how we can change it.”
How To Use Lemon And Lime For Stretch Marks Removal
Stretch marks removal is very possible if you desire it. Stretch marks also known as striae, are a common skin concern that many people face. They often occur due to rapid weight gain, pregnancy, growth spurts, or hormonal changes.
While some people may love the stretch marks on their bodies as a natural part of life, they can be bothersome for some other individuals. Lemon and lime, two citrus powerhouses, contain properties that can help with stretch marks removal from your skin.
1. Lemon and Lime Juice:
Citrus fruits like lemon and lime are rich in alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs), which promote skin exfoliation and encourage the growth of new, healthy skin cells. The natural acidity in these fruits can help lighten and fade stretch marks over time.
- Lemon Juice: Squeeze fresh lemon juice and apply it directly to your stretch marks. Leave it on for about 10-15 minutes before rinsing off with warm water. Repeat this process daily for noticeable results.
- Lime Juice: Lime juice works similarly to lemon juice. Apply fresh lime juice to your stretch marks and let it sit for 10-15 minutes before rinsing. You can also mix it with a bit of honey or olive oil for added moisturizing benefits.
2. Lemon and Lime Sugar Scrub:
Exfoliation is one of the keys to reducing the appearance of stretch marks. Combine the exfoliating power of sugar with the brightening properties of lemon or lime for an effective scrub.
The ingredients you can use for this are:
- 2 tablespoons of sugar (white or brown)
- 1 tablespoon of lemon or lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil or coconut oil
Instructions on how to achieve and use this scrub:
- Mix the ingredients to form a paste.
- Gently massage the scrub onto your stretch mark-affected areas for a few minutes, then rinse with warm water.
- Regular use can help exfoliate faster and improve skin texture.
3. Lemon and Lime Essential Oils:
Both lemon and lime essential oils have therapeutic properties that can benefit your skin.
They contain antioxidants and can be used in various ways such as:
- Diluted Massage Oil: Mix a few drops of lemon or lime essential oil with a carrier oil like coconut oil or almond oil. Massage this mixture onto your stretch marks in a circular motion. This not only helps with the stretch marks removal but also moisturizes the skin.
- Bath Soak: Add a few drops of lemon or lime essential oil to your bathwater. Soaking in this aromatic bath can improve overall skin tone and texture.
4. Lemon and Lime Peel Masks:
Citrus peels contain potent nutrients and oils that can help revitalize the skin.
You can create masks using lemon or lime peels such as:
- Dried Citrus Peel: Dry lemon or lime peels in the sun and then grind them into a fine powder. Mix the powder with yoghurt and honey to create a paste. Apply this mask to your stretch marks and leave it on for 15-20 minutes before rinsing off.
- Citrus Zest Scrub: Grate the zest of lemon or lime and mix it with a small amount of sugar and olive oil. Gently rub this mixture onto your stretch marks, then wash off with warm water.
5. Lemon and Lime Infused Water:
Hydration is highly needed if you desire to have a healthy skin. Drinking lemon or lime-infused water helps detoxify the body and promotes skin elasticity, which can minimize the development of new stretch marks.
So, in place of using lemon and or lime externally on the skin, you can choose to fight your stretch marks from the inside out.
Recipe for lemon and lime-infused water:
- Squeeze fresh lemon or lime juice into a glass of warm water and drink it daily.
- You can also add slices of lemon or lime to your water for a refreshing twist.
Lemon and lime are very effective natural remedies for diminishing the appearance of stretch marks. However, it’s important to note that to get results, consistency is key.
Also, always perform a patch test before using citrus products on your skin, because they can be irritating for some individuals.
In addition to the use of lemon and lime, maintaining good eating habits and exercising regularly can also help you fight the appearance of stretch marks on your skin. This is also effective after pregnancy.
Clothing Colours for African Skin Tone
“Skin Tone” is a person’s natural skin colour, which is mostly influenced by the kind and quantity of melanin that is found on the skin. The pigment melanin, which is generated by melanocytes in the epidermis (the top layer of skin) is what causes the differences in skin tones across various racial and ethnic groups.
People of African heritage can have a broad range of skin tones because of genetic variation and environmental variables.
Although these classifications are not all-inclusive, African skin tones are highly variable and may be generally divided into numerous groups:
1. Dark Brown to Ebony Skin: Deep, dark brown to ebony complexion tones are common among persons of African heritage. These skin tones stand out for their rich, deep colour.
2. Medium to Dark Brown Skin: Some people have skin tones that range from medium to dark brown, varying in richness and depth.
3. Olive to Warm Brown Skin: Some Africans have skin tones that lean towards olive or warm brown tones. These skin tones often have undertones of yellow or red.
4. Deep Reddish or Copper Toned: Some individuals have skin tones with deep reddish or copper undertones. This can give the skin a unique and striking appearance. In some cases, the skin may seem distinctive and stunning as a result.
5. Golden to Yellow Undertones: Some African skin tones have undertones that range from golden to yellow, which may make the skin look glowing and warm.
6. Rich Mahogany and Chocolate Brown Skin: And then, there are people with skin tones that resemble deep mahogany or chocolate brown.
It is crucial to bear in mind that individual preferences and personal style also play a big influence when selecting colours of clothes that compliment African skin tones. However, the following basic rules can assist you in selecting apparel colours that will complement diverse African skin tones:
1. For Dark Brown to Ebony Skin:
- These skin tones can be complemented by vivid and striking hues including deep reds, royal blues, emerald greens, and deep purples.
- Earthy tones like browns and deep oranges can create a harmonious look.
- Metallic shades like gold and bronze can provide a stunning contrast.
2. For Medium to Dark Brown Skin:
- These skin tones’ richness can be enhanced by jewel tones like sapphire, amethyst, and ruby.
- Warm earthy colours like mustard, terracotta, and olive green might look good.
- Avoid clothing that is too close in colour to your skin tone, as it may create a monotonous look.
3. Olive to Warm Bown Skin:
- These skin tones can be complemented by earthy hues like warm browns, olive greens, and mustard yellows.
- Pastel shades such as peach, coral, and soft pinks can provide a lovely contrast.
- Avoid colours that wash out your complexion, like pale or muted tones.
4. Deep Reddish or Copper Tones:
- Deep oranges, burgundy, and rust, as well as other warm, rich hues, can bring out the skin’s crimson undertones.
- Earthy tones like browns and olive greens can create a harmonious look.
5. Golden to Yellow Undertones:
- These skin tones can be complemented by bright, warm colours like deep reds, burnt oranges, and mustard yellows.
- Emerald green and sapphire blue are two jewel tones that may clash sharply.
- Avoid colours that are too cool or washed out, as they may clash with the warm undertones.
6. Rich Mahogany and Chocolate Brown Skin:
- Earthy tones like deep browns, forest greens, and warm reds can enhance the richness of these skin tones.
- Metallic shades like gold and copper can provide a stunning contrast.
It is critical to keep in mind that these are only general recommendations and that individual tastes and preferences should always be considered. The easiest method to figure out what looks well on you is to experiment with different colours and see how they make you feel and compliment your skin tone.
In conclusion, the range of African skin tones, from deep ebony to warm brown, is extremely diverse. To develop a wardrobe that complements your natural attractiveness and gives you a sense of confidence and comfort, take into account both your skin tone and personal style preferences when picking the colours of your outfits.
3 DIY Lip Scrubs You Should Try
To keep your lips hydrated and smooth, lip balms should be everybody’s go-to product.
Exfoliation with DIY lip scrub is also very important to make sure they are clear of dead skin cells and become soft in the process. Lip scrubs are not only easy to make but are also a safer option than your commercially-sold products with harsh chemicals.
What The Yoruba Tribal Marks Signify And Why The Practice Has Declined
In the past, the tribal marks that we now dislike were once admired as symbols of beauty. These tribal marks...
10 Signs She Is Not A Wife Material
Marriage is a lifelong commitment. As a man, it is very important to choose a woman who is compatible with...
13 Wardrobe Essentials To Own As A Lady
The core of your wardrobe is made up of a selection of versatile and timeless clothes and accessories, generally referred...
“Hustling Bad” By Emerging Star, Nai-Jah Is Out
Emerging music star, Nai-Jah has released a new single titled, “Hustling Bad”. “Hustling Bad” reflects the determination and never-give-up attitude...
Victor AD’s “MIDF” Shares Message Of Hope; Listen Here
Victor AD’s “MIDF (Na Money I Dey Find)” is the latest single release from the said talented Nigerian artist. This...
15 Ways A Woman Can Keep Sex Interesting And Exciting In A Relationship
Making sex interesting and exciting with and for a man should be the desire of every woman. Do you want...
Vector Returns With Vibrant New Single “Gbedu”
Vector, a multi-award-winning rapper, singer, and composer, has made a vibrant comeback to the music industry with his most recent...
Burna Boy Drops Official Music Video For “City Boys”
The official music video for Burna Boy’s song, “City Boys” has been released which is part of his latest album...
Anticipated Sequel “Merry Men 3: Nemesis” Set To Be Released
Fans of the Merry Men movie franchise will be thrilled to hear some exciting news from popular Nigerian comedian and...
CJ Obasi’s “Mami Wata” Leads With 12 Nominations At AMAA 2023
CJ Obasi’s ‘Mami Wata’ takes the lead with an impressive 12 nominations. The anticipation for the 19th edition of the...
Tobi Bakre And Wife Welcome Their Second Child
Ohafia: The Most Beautiful Village in Eastern Part of Nigeria
Watch Out For Nollywood Heist Movie – Charlie And The Boys
Try Out This Yummy Ogbono Soup Recipe By Zeelicious Foods
Banyankole Tribe: Where Bride’s Aunt Sleeps With Groom To Test His Skills
“Oke Mmiri” By Mercy Chinwo Is Out!
Ilaro: The Warrior Town Of Western Nigeria
Cheque And Fireboy DML Drop Motivational Anthem – “Hustler”
Clothing Colours for African Skin Tone
The Ultimate Guide to Styling Floral Dresses
ENTERTAINMENT4 days ago
Tobi Bakre And Wife Welcome Their Second Child
FOOD6 days ago
7 Health Benefits Of Eating Garden Egg
MOVIES4 days ago
Pat Nebo Honoured With The Release Of “The Black Book” Second Trailer
SPORTS4 days ago
Aruna Quadri Wins Second Consecutive ITTF African Championship
FASHION4 days ago
Burberry Summer Fashion Event In London Features Bukayo Saka, Eze, Son, And Wizkid
ARTS & CULTURE5 days ago
5 Inspirational Proverbs For the Week
MOVIES3 days ago
Netflix Set To Premiere “The Black Book” Starring RMD, Ireti Doyle, Sam Dede
ENTERTAINMENT4 days ago
Falz, Bimbo Ademoye And Others Win 2023 Social Media Awards